2009 was a great year for us here at Nimbuzz and before its gone we would like stop for a second and look back to all the amazing achievements we had in the last 12 months. Below we have gathered the most important moments of this year. So let’s take a look together at the list, shall we?
The first pay-as-you-go Nimbuzz product: NimbuzzOut
One of the biggest achievements for 2009 was without a doubt the launch of NimbuzzOut. This is the first pay-as-you-go product that we’ve ever offered, and it transforms your mobile into the cheapest way to make international calls. To check how much you can save with Nimbuzz out you can check the NimbuzzOut Rate calculator.
We had a great start in 2009! In the first days of the year Nimbuzz won the prestigious Red Herring Global 100 award … and this was only the beginning . The awards list continues with:
- Best Mobile Converged Solution
- Red Herring Europe 100
- TopMobile20 Awards in 4 categories
- 2nd at Smartphone Biz-News’ “Product of the Year 2008”
- Nimbuzz winner of the AlwaysOn Global 250
- Best Mobile Startup at TechCrunch Europe Awards
- Connect On BlackBerry award at the BlackBerry EMEA Alliance Summit 2009
New features for all the Nimbuzz versions:
- Android- time sensitive UI, home-screen notifications, clickable URLs, free MMS sending, chat history, 24×7 connectivity and off course VoIP calling!
- Symbian – NimbuzzOut calling, Pop up notification and full twitter support. Also we released brad new versions for Nokia 5800 and Nokia N97.
- BlackBerry - we launched our first native application for Blackberry Smartphones that runs in the background, has home screen notification and native UI .
- Java – UI improvements, chat previews in the buddylist and direct access to active chats and chat rooms from the top of your buddylist.
- Windows Mobile – location sharing, dial-pad and NimbuzzOut calling
- iPhone – NimbuzzOut calling, chat history, push notifications, improved user interface, share photos, music and videos, location sharing and more … .
- Mac -This year we launched our first Nimbuzz for Mac application
- PC – New UI, dial-pad, NimbuzzOut calling and phonebook integration
We were present at events around the world
This year we participated at lots of events around the world, from France to UK and from Spain to US:
- MWC in Barcelona
- Global Tech Showcase in France
- Mobile 2.0 Web Summit in London!
- Buzz Worthy Meetup in San Francisico
- BlackBerry EMEA Alliance Summit 2009 in Rome
- LeWeb 2009 in Paris
New Offices in UK and US
2009 was a great year for expanding our presence across the world and besides the existent office in Rotterdam – The Netherlands, São Paulo – Brazil, Córdoba – Argentina and New Delhi – India now we are present as well in San Francisco – US and London – UK .
If at the end of last year we were growing with 20,000 new users per day this year we are really happy to let you know that Nimbuzz gets 1 Million new users every month :D.
Great positive coverage all around the web
Nimbuzz has made it on to the Times Online list for Best mobile apps for iPhone and Androids and our product updates were covered by the world’s biggest tech blogs out there: GigaOm, TechCrunch, SymbianGuru , GomoNews and many more!
We also got a new forum where you can interact with us and the other Nimbuzz users, to get tips and tricks and more technical support from our developers team !
Now, at the end of the year we are looking for a bright 2010 with plenty achievements and many new features to come !
We want to thank you all for your support, feedback, ideas and understanding! Good luck and a new 2010 with great accomplishments!