Just a week ago we talked about VoIP in 2013: trends and predictions and how mobile VoIP users will be reach 288 million by the end of 2013. Today we come back with another interesting story about mobile world: trends and prediction in worldwide smart phone application market.
Getjar published an industry study which looks at the evolution of this market in the next 3 years. Here we found some really interesting key-points we would like to share with you:
- App economy will increase 7 times in the next 3 years
- 7 billion app downloads globally in 2009, Asia accounting for 37%
- 50 billion app downloads are expected in 2012, representing a YOY growth of 92%
- Revenues will grow from 4b $ in 2009 to 17,5b $ in 2012
- Middle East & Africa will overtake North America to become the world’s largest market for mobile app revenues by 2012
For us this means good news, with more people downloading and using mobile applications in the next 3 years we expect that the Nimbuzz community will grow as well . We also have a list with a few key indicators that can confirm that :
Every 2 seconds a new user joins Nimbuzz
- 10 Million downloads already on Getjar
- over 1 Million downloads on OVI store
- One of the most used app on iPhone and BlackBerry
- Best Mobile IM app of 2010
- Present in the most popular app stores: Apple App Store, Getjar, OVI store Android Market, BB App World and others
- and lots of new features coming soooooon
You can find more information about this report here.
What do you think about this trends? Is Nimbuzz already a part of your daily life?