We have followed the story behind the unexpected, and some might say suspicious, appearance of the iPhone 4G HD prototype (if this will actually be the name) with great excitement. After long debates all over the web if it’s the real deal or just a great fake, it seems that after GIZMODO received an official letter from Apple, the web has decided: we have indeed seen the real upcoming iPhone 4G HD.
And it looks great! Here at Nimbuzz we are super excited to see the pictures, a demo video and find out what new features that are packed under the slick edgy design.
Though it looks different than its predecessors, the new iPhone fits better the design and concept of the Apple products. By losing all the flashy things like the seamless rim, the tapered & curved surfaces as well as the single volume button, the new iPhone goes back to the simplicity of the iMac and the iPad. Comparing the straight edges of the new device with the ones of an iPad you will see that it makes a lot of sense.
So here are the specs of the new iPhone 4G:
- Front-facing video chat camera
- Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
- Camera flash
- Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
- Improved display.
- Secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
- Split buttons for volume
- Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
And some changed things:
- The back is entirely flat, made of either glass or ceramic or shiny plastic
- An aluminum border going completely around the outside
- Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
- Everything is more squared off
- 3 grams heavier
- 16% Larger battery
- Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
Below you can see the hands on- iPhone 4G video:
And in case you were wondering if Nimbuzz will work on the new iPhone the answer is: YES. We are already working on a new optimized version for it and we hope to release it when the new mobile will hit the streets.
Until that moment we recommend you to use Nimbuzz on you current iPhone for free calling, chats and message sending ;).