Yes, we heard you loud and clear. We are excited to announce the introduction of Chat rooms in Nimbuzz on BlackBerry client – 3.0.0. Nimbuzz now becomes first free app in the blackberry eco-system to offer fully functional chat room service through a battery optimized client. The app is designed keeping in mind that users should be able need to communicate through nimbuzz for long hours.
What’s new in this update?
- Now you would be able to connect with a community of 150 million+ users through chat rooms. It is a first for the blackberry ecosystem.
- We have further improved chatting interface by improving on bubble chats
- Now you would be able to invite friends through scanning QR codes.
- We noticed that file sharing forms an important part of interactions on Nimbuzz. As a part of the ongoing file/picture sharing improvements, we have further improved the file transfer management.
- Nimbuzz is now deeply integrated with the blackberry platform. You can now start the nimbuzz app to connect with your friends from anywhere in blackberry through ‘Compose Via Nimbuzz’ menu option.
You can now do a host of things with the introduction of chat rooms on your favorite nimbuzz for blackberry
- You can now create chat rooms and invite friends to join it.
- In order for you to manage rooms easily we have:
- Active Chat rooms : Rooms you have successfully joined.
- Recent Chat Rooms : Rooms you recently left or were kicked out.
- Favorite Chat Rooms : You could now mark a chat room as favorite and it would be listed separately for easy navigation
- Popular Chat Rooms : Rooms, those are currently popular in the nimbuzz community at any point of time
- You can now start searching for a chat room, by just typing on the chat room listing. If you want to search a chat room for a location or language, you could set the filter accordingly and narrow down the search results.
- You can create a password protected chat room, which you want only select people to come and join. This provides group chat functionality to the nimbuzz users on blackberry.
- You can easily navigate between private chats and chat room through the improved chat screen.
- You can also send and receive gifts by using chat room commands in the chat room.
- As an owner of a chat room, you can ban, kick, ignore users and give moderation rights to the participants.
- In case you have been privileged to be a moderator of a chat room, you could moderate the room by banning or kicking users.
Feel free to reach out to me at jasjit @ nimbuzz.com in case you have any feedback to share.