We all have our favorite Nimbuzz Chat Buddies, but we thought it wouldn’t hurt to add one more. So Nokia and Nimbuzz have come together to give you one of the smartest Chat Buddies you will ever meet: Nokia Fun to Win!
What is Nokia Fun to Win you ask? Well, as you know Nimbuzz currently has 25 million+ users in India which is approximately a quarter of the internet using population in India and Nokia wanted an interactive campaign to reach out to our users and communicate with them. As the leading cross-platform global communication solution we decided to create a Nokia Chat Buddy that allows our users to start a conversation with Nokia.
Starting today Nokia Fun to Win will appear as a contact available to all Nimbuzz users in India and the Chat Buddy has been designed to challenge the user’s knowledge in a quiz format. With every correct answer, you will move up in the leaderboard and the top users stand a chance to win Nokia smartphones at the end of every Sunday. Don’t lose hope if you don’t win today because the Nokia Fun to Win chat buddy will be present for 3 more Sundays.
The questions have been divided in four categories Technology, Sports, Movies and History. Every Sunday we will pick one of these four categories and you can test your knowledge going head to head with 25 million other users, pretty much making it one of the largest quizzes ever arranged. Today the Nokia Chat Buddy is going to quiz you on Technology, so be ready to bring out the Einstein in you.
So what are you waiting for? Being a part of the Nokia Fun to Win challenge is easy:
1. Search for the Nokia Fun to Win Chat Buddy in your contacts
2. Send Help to the buddy to start
3. Read the instructions carefully and start quizzing
4. Go home with some amazing Nokia Merchandise
As you know Nimbuzz is available on all major platforms such as BlackBerry 10, Android, iOS, Symbian, Windows Phone, and J2ME, as well as Windows and Mac computers. It’s pre-loaded onto all local OEM handsets in India apart from Nokia, Samsung, LG. Therefore there are a lot of users who will be playing for your prize, so we are putting our thinking cap on it’s time to test ourselves against the brainiest chat buddy of all time. See ya!
Finally! It’s here!
We know you guys have been asking and waiting for this for quite a while!
We have had quite a few requests about our messenger’s availability on the platform.
Well, Nimbuzz and Windows 8 have come together to enhance the messaging experience on the platform.
We have taken extra care to structure the app in a manner that our users can couple the Nimbuzz experience with the advantages that the Windows 8 platform offers to its users across the world.
Here’s a look at what are some of the additions that we have made to make the Nimbuzz experience for all of you even more pleasurable:
- Nimbuzz is now available in almost all popular languages spoken across the globe including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi and Arabic.
- Cool Windows Phone 8 Features including Content Based Live Tiles & Locked Screen Notifications have been included into the messenger
- Nimbuzz also supports resizable Windows Phone 8 Live Tiles. Users can choose the size they prefer for display on the device’s home screen. A larger Live Tile can also visually alert the user to the number of unread messages. Additionally, The Live Tile, regardless of size, will periodically flip over to show a segment of the content so a user can decide to immediately to respond, to join a chat group or to view later.
The messenger is up for download from the Windows Phone Marketplace and alternatively from here.
Hope you guys enjoy the all new Nimbuzz experience on Windows 8. Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Hey there !
We are very glad to announce that the new for iPhone, Android client and Symbian Client have been updated!
This update brings Group Chats along with loads of other goodies which makes your communication even more fun & efficient.
Here is a quick look at the new Nimbuzz update on Iphone client –
- Group Chat: – Introducing Group Chat feature on Nimbuzz. With Group Chat, now you can-
- You can create & join up to 25 group chats, so you can have a group for Family, Friends, Office & still many more based on your needs
- Invite up to 25 buddies in a single group chat. Get as many friends as you want – plan a movie or an outing on the go with Nimbuzz
- All your group chats saved & available anytime
- Customise your Group Chat with wallpapers
Below are the list of other other updates on Android, iPhone and Symbian:
We are happy to roll out a new update for our Symbian users.
This version introduces a close integration of ‘Friend Search’ functionality within the Nimbuzz app. Now you can search for your friends in the 100 million strong Nimbuzz community worldwide with just a click of a button. Search Explore and Expand your friend network on Nimbuzz.
- Friends search
- Twitter Improvements
- User interface improvements
- Certification Error issue resolved